The Glider Dog Sled comes equipped with our Aluminum Bar Brake/Drag Brake Combo. This Sled can handle teams of 1 to 10 dogs and is our top of the line model.
The Glider is lightweight, fun and enjoyable with the added stopping power of our Aluminum Bar Brake whose 3 Carbide Studs are able to dig into any ice or frozen ground. Yet, you can feather your dogs to a stop or hold the lines tight with the attached Drag Brake.
- Great mid-distance and touring sled
- Holds up to 400 pounds of basket weight plus a driver; good for teams of 1-10 dogs
- The bolted design allows for greater flexibility and maneuverability. Push on the handle in either direction and skis tilt for a turn or to hold the side of a hill. The bolted design also allows for easier modification or replacement of parts
- Length = 8' Brush Bow to Ski Tails
- Width = 20" Outside of Skis.
- Height = 36" Ground to Handle Bar
- Weight = 29 lbs. fully assembled.
- Skis = 1-1/2" Wide
- Foot Treads = 1-1/2" Wide 18" Long Seat = 40" Long 17" Wide
- Wood = White Ash(Unvarnished)
- Plastic = 3/4" by 1-1/2" HDPE Runners; 1/2” by 1-1/2” HDPE Brush Bow and Handle Bar
- Brake = Aluminum Bar Brake / Drag Brake Combo
- Hitch Bolt = 1/2" X 4" Eye Bolt
- Durable and proven over 10 years of use by mushers of all ages and ability levels. Built so you can easily add all the accessories you want.
- Assembly Required (All you need is a Phillips screw driver and a 7/16” Wrench)
- Brand New
The bolted design allows for great flexibility and maneuverability. Push the Handle Bar in either direction and the skis tilt for a turn or to hold the side of a hill. Our Aluminum Bar Brake / Drag Brake system is equipped with Heim Joints attaching the Brake to the Skis. These Joints allow the skis to tilt for turning while leaving the Brake parallel to the ground. Both Joints are rated at being able to hold 3,400 lbs of static weight.
As with all our sleds, The Glider is built so you can easily add all the accessories you want or make quick repairs or modifications. If you're even considering the slight possibility of ever running more than 4 dogs, The Glider is the sled for you.
Sold as a Kit with All Parts Included. Wood components are made of White Ash and left unvarnished. Holes are predrilled and all hardware is included. Plastic Components are also predrilled and ready for assembly. All you need is a Phillips Screw Driver and a 7/16" Wrench.
- FREE for the Contiguous USA via UPS Ground
- Additional Shipping Charges to Guam, Alaska, Hawaii, PR, and International Orders
- This item will be packed very carefully to ensure a safe delivery.
- Usually ships within 3 business day of receiving cleared payment. Ship from location: WI
- International Buyers are responsible for all International customs/brokerage fees/taxes.